[texhax] Latex symbols

Axel E. Retif axretif at igo.com.mx
Wed Jun 20 09:37:51 CEST 2007

On  19 Jun, 2007, at 07:30, William Adams wrote:

> On Jun 19, 2007, at 5:49 AM, Jan Rohde wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to find the latex command for two symbols I need for a
>> project, but have so far not been able to find them. I hope someone
>> on this list has seen them before and can help me out
>>
>> Symbols are shown in the picture
>
> Well they look to be Zapf Chancery-like:
>
> \documentclass{article}
> \usepackage{chancery}
> \begin{document}
> \emph{y}
>
> $\mathcal{Z}$
> \end{document}
>
> But the ``y'' is a bit off --- looks more like Monotype Corsiva (a
> Zapf Chancery knock-off).

In your example, \mathcal{Z} is taken from Computer Modern Symbol,
because chancery.sty just redefines roman default to pzc family (the
``y'' does come indeed from URW Chancery).

So, Jan's ``Z'' seems to me just Computer Modern calligraphy Z, but I
have no idea either from which font his ``y'' comes from.

Best,

Axel