[texhax] How to make memoir class chapters start on both even and odd pages?

M. Fioretti mfioretti at mclink.it
Mon Jun 18 18:09:34 CEST 2007

On Mon, Jun 18, 2007 07:08:27 AM -0400, William Adams
(will.adams at frycomm.com) wrote:

> >\documentclass[6pt,ebook]{memoir}
>
> openany
>
> \documentclass[6pt,ebook,openany]{memoir}
>
> See the Memoir manual, pg. 46 in the sixth edition.

Done, thanks!

> Hard to make suggestions beyond that w/o knowing the text or the
> intent of the typography.

You're right of course. This time, however, I have very simple needs,
so I'm almost there. The only things missing, I guess, are:

1) moving the whole type block ~1 cm higher

2) leave a bit less space between the top of the page and the chapter
   titles. What I mean is that now I see the the text starting at, say,
   3 cm from the top, except when it's a chapter start, where text
   starts at ~6 cm from the bottom and I'd like it to be a bit less (~4.5
   cm?)

I am downloading the whole manual, so pointers to the right
_variables_ to set are enough, thanks.  Comments and examples remain
very welcome, of course.

	Marco