[texhax] Publishing houses using TeX or LaTeX

Tom Schneider toms at ncifcrf.gov
Thu Jun 14 01:42:02 CEST 2007

John:

> >  Publishing houses using TeX or LaTeX
>
> LSU used LaTeX for the Collected Poems of Robert Penn Warren.

Could you give a web address for LSU?
Louisiana State University?

> WordTech communications has used LaTeX for poetry also.
>
> I believe Nature is typeset using LaTeX as well.

Last time I looked, they had a statement:

  "We cannot accept TeX and LaTeX: if no other format is possible,
  please ask the manuscript editor's advice."

The current link

http://www.nature.com/nature/authors/index.html

does not say this anymore, but they don't mention LaTeX at all.
Does anyone actually know their policy?

Tom

  Dr. Thomas D. Schneider
  National Institutes of Health
  National Cancer Institute
  Center for Cancer Research Nanobiology Program
  Molecular Information Theory Group
  Frederick, Maryland  21702-1201
  toms at ncifcrf.gov
  permanent email: toms at alum.mit.edu (use only if first address fails)