[texhax] Publishing houses using TeX or LaTeX

Axel E. Retif axretif at igo.com.mx
Tue Jun 12 21:04:23 CEST 2007

On  12 Jun, 2007, at 09:02, Rex Shudde wrote:

> Where can I find a list of publishing houses that accept or require
> TeX,
> LaTeX or one of its variants?  I would like foreign as well as US
> publishers.

Fondo de Cultura Económica:

http://www.fondodeculturaeconomica.com/

We published books with TeX in the 80's and 90's; recently, only LaTeX

Right now, for example, I'm working on the Spanish edition of David
Wells' Prime Numbers.

Two LaTeX typeset books have received awards in publishing art by the
Cámara Nacional de la Industria Editorial Mexicana:

http://www.fondodeculturaeconomica.com/ED_Detalle.asp?ctit=061029E

and

http://www.fondodeculturaeconomica.com/ED_Detalle.asp?ctit=061001E

And not only have we published math or physics books typeset in LaTeX
---also, e.g.,

http://www.fondodeculturaeconomica.com/ED_Detalle.asp?ctit=008506RA&ti=M

or

http://www.fondodeculturaeconomica.com/ED_Detalle.asp?ctit=046212R

Right in front of me, I have The Cambridge Handbook of Physics
Formulas, by Graham Woan. Also by Cambridge University Press, a
beautiful book in LaTeX is Wenk & Bulakh's Minerals:

http://www.amazon.com/Minerals-Constitution-Origin-Hans-Rudolf-Wenk/
dp/0521822386/ref=sr_1_2/102-3782547-8988153?
ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1181674743&sr=1-2

And you can see (or download) the PDF of a non-commercial book: El
Gran Telescopio Milimétrico, published by INAOE/University of
Massachusetts:

http://www.lmtgtm.org/gtm/book/librogtm.pdf

Best,

Axel