[texhax] Latex and Windows Vista

Trond Petersen trond at haas.berkeley.edu
Mon Jul 23 02:29:02 CEST 2007

I have used Latex for 22 years.

My current implementation is TLC2 TEX CD, which I got on CD in book
by Mittelbach and Goosens on Addison-Wesley.

I use Emacs for entering text.

Here is my problem:

1.  I had to get a new PC, and got one with Windows Vista.

2.  I installed the TEX program and Emacs

3.  When I open Emacs and try to process a Latex file, using
PDFLatex, I get error message, that I cannot use PDFLatex in Batch mode.

4.  Other than that everything looks fine.

Any suggestions for how I can get LATEX to work with Windows Vista?

Thank you.

Trond Petersen

Trond Petersen
Professor and Department Chair
Department of Sociology
University of California, Berkeley
Berkeley, CA 94720-1980
USA

Tel.:  1-510-642-6423
Tel.:  1-510-642-4575 (Judy Haier, assistant to chair)
Fax:  1-510-642-0659
Email:  trond at haas.berkeley.edu
http://sociology.berkeley.edu/faculty/PETERSEN