[texhax] Wrong links to bibliography and index

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 20:40:56 CET 2007

Some time ago in old LaTeX file of my book I added hyperref. However I
just noticed
that while page numbers in TOC are indicated correctly, links to
bibliography and index lead to the wrong page:

bibliography leads to page 708 instead of 709 and index to page 709
instead of 725
The same with bookmarks

Any ideas what gone wrong and how regularly (i.e. without editing .aux
file before final run) fix it?

Thanks! Victor

%book.tex:

\documentclass{amsbook}

\usepackage{amssymb} % for \Subset, \lozenge, etc.

\usepackage[bookmarks,plainpages=false,pdfpagelabels]{hyperref}

% macro definitions, etc., in this file

\input{defines}
\makeindex

\begin{document}

%\frontmatter %% moved this command into book001
% Preface
\include{book001}
% Table of Contents
\include{book002}

%\mainmatter %% moved this stuff into book01
%\setcounter{chapter}{-1}
% Introduction
\include{book01}

% Part I: Semiclassical Microlocal Analysis
\include{book1}
\include{book2}
\include{book3}

% Part II: Local and Microlocal Semiclassical Asymptotics
\include{book4}
\include{book5}
\include{book6}
\include{book7}

% Part III: Estimates of the Spectrum
\include{book8}
\include{book9}

% Part IV: Asymptotics of Spectra
\include{book10}
\include{book11}
\include{book12}

\input{book.bbl}

\printindex

\end{document}

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

%book.bbl

\begin{thebibliography}{99}
\bibliographystyle{book}
%\raggedbottom

\providecommand{\bysame}{\leavevmode\hbox to3em{\hrulefill}\thinspace}

\pagebreak[3]
\vspace{\baselineskip}\item[Agmon, S.]
\nopagebreak
\bibitem[1]{agmon:eigen}
Asymptotic formulas with remainder estimates for eigenvalues of elliptic
  operators.
\newblock {\em Arch. Rat. Mech. Anal.}, 28:165--183 (1968).