[texhax] Q: howto put image in heading?

Steve Peter speter at dandy.net
Fri Feb 23 16:33:39 CET 2007

On Feb 23, 2007, at 10:04 AM, D. R. Evans wrote:

> (Yeah, I find it confusing too; I would have thought that the
> things that
> appear on each page were "headers", but the "A Guide to LaTeX" book
> calls
> them "headings" rather than "headers", so I assumed in my posting
> that that
> was the standard LaTeX terminology. Maybe it's just peculiar to
> that book.
> The word "header" doesn't even appear in the index.)

"Header" is widely used in the TeX world (see, for example, The LaTeX
Companion). In any case, the solution is to combine graphicx and
fancyhdr (see the documentation for the latter for more complete
examples).

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{fancyhdr}
\usepackage{graphicx}

\fancyhead[R]{\includegraphics{graphic}}

\begin{document}
\pagestyle{fancy}

Content goes here.

\end{document}