[texhax] ask about font in Adobe Acrobat

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Fri Feb 16 23:02:02 CET 2007

  > Sometimes when i compile a document with pdfLaTeX and then display
  > the pdf using Adobe Acrobat Professional, i got message like this
  > : "Could not find a font in Resources dictionary - using Helvetica
  > instead"

  > Can you tell me how to fix this problem? What must i get or do to
  > make my Adobe Acrobat can display my document properly?

Maybe it helps if you look at "File->Document Properties->Fonts" in
Acrobat Reader.  All the fonts you use should be embedded.

If you have the program "pdffonts" installed on your system, please
send us its output.  It does the same as AR but is much easier to use.

If you want to redirect what you see on screen to a file, do

   pdffonts myfile.pdf > fonts.txt

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25