[texhax] Bibtex questions

Tom Schneider toms at ncifcrf.gov
Thu Feb 8 00:02:44 CET 2007

David:

> My particular question is about Bibtex style files.  I have not been
> able to find a style file that suits my discipline (the format required
> in our premiere journal: Administrative Science Quarterly).  I would
> like to create a .bst file that would generate a bibliography consistent
> with our format.  But, while I could do this myself, the learning curve
> is probably too steep for my tolerance level.

While you can learn to write the .bst, it is probably sufficient to
use the makebst program.  I have a link from my page

http://www.ccrnp.ncifcrf.gov/~toms/latex.html

to makebst:

   MakeBst is a program for automatically making bst files.
   If you have LaTeX2e (which you should!) then to run the program just type

   tex makebst

It's a pain if you don't get it right because one has to do it all
over again (as far as I know), but it can generate a bst for you.

Tom

  Dr. Thomas D. Schneider
  National Institutes of Health
  National Cancer Institute
  Center for Cancer Research Nanobiology Program
  Molecular Information Theory Group
  Frederick, Maryland  21702-1201
  toms at ncifcrf.gov
  permanent email: toms at alum.mit.edu (use only if first address fails)