[texhax] How to include a bitmap file in LaTeX

Matthew Leingang leingang at math.harvard.edu
Sun Feb 4 18:26:56 CET 2007

Dear Dingxi,

Does it have to stay a bmp file?  The graphicx package can handle lots of
image formats besides EPS, for instance JPG or PNG.  If it were me I would
convert the bmp to one of those and \includegraphics it the regular way.

You can even configure graphicx to do this conversion for you.   See the
document "grfguide.pdf" on CTAN for more.

HTH,
Matt