[texhax] extra endgroup problem (apacite bibtex)

Mehmet Ergun mehmetaergun at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 14:32:13 CET 2007

Axel E. Retif wrote:
> On  8 Dec, 2007, at 10:26, Mehmet Ergun wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm probably doing something dumb, but I don't understand what it
>> is. I've been working on this error for an hour now with no
>> results...
>>
>> When I try to build, I get the following error if I use the
>> \fullcite command instead of \cite:
>>
>> l.41 Bla bla.~\fullcite{smith1963}
>
> Shouldn't you use \citep* rather than \fullcite? (apacite.pdf, p. 38,
>  Table 2.)

My understanding is that cite(al)p is for natbib, (full)cite(NP) is for
apacite: "apacite, building on its predecessors, uses \cite for
parenthetical citations and \citeA for intext citations, whereas natbib
uses \citep  and \citet for these purposes." (p. 39, 4th paragraph)

But in my case, \cite doesn't work as intended and deviations like
fullcite and citeNP don't work at all...

Mehmet.