[texhax] framing tables

George Georgalis george at galis.org
Fri Aug 24 17:44:16 CEST 2007

On Tue, Aug 14, 2007 at 08:08:02PM +0200, Susan Dittmar wrote:
>Quoting George Georgalis (george at galis.org):
>> But I was wondering, is there a simple way to renewcommand
>> "Verbatim" so it is called by "verbatim" or should I stick with
>> fixing my editor highlighting?
>
>In my opinion it would be better to teach your editor to recognize the
>Verbatim environment. I prefer not to redefine existing commands
>if it's not necessary, as it's easier to tell later on which version you
>were using. For me, it keeps things easier readable and maintainable.
>But that's just my personal preference.

I agree too, maybe my ego was reacting to frustration. But the
main impetus was 'there should be an easy way users'; as it turns
out, there is a way for users to modify their syntax highlighting,
but it's much simpler to add a line to the existing editor syntax
rule, as root. Now, I'm using the old verbatim too, so the editor
fix does seem best.

// George

--
George Georgalis, information system scientist <IXOYE><