[texhax] Do not remove output after error

ap tug at alxp.gr
Thu Aug 2 16:22:42 CEST 2007

Hi list,

When you pdflatex your .tex file and it contained some errors, you
get the message "No file written to disk", *and* any previously
generated PDF is removed. Is there anyway to prevent the PDF from
being deleted? I couldn't find anything about this while it seems
rather important!

My specific problem is when you want to have your viewer look
automatically for changes on the PDF: some of them work on the file
itself, and not its name/path (as most well written Mac
applications). So as soon as you have an error, the viewer looses
track of the file, and you loose the autolook capabilities, and have
to start everything all over again...

Any help?

Thanks,

Alexandre