[texhax] My Headers Won't Stay the Same

Josh Rickmar joshua.rickmar at runbox.com
Thu Apr 19 06:11:21 CEST 2007

I am quite new to LaTaX, and I decided to use it for a "Formal Lab" for my Biology class. I had my headers all the way I wanted them to look like with my last name and "Biology B2" at the top right and the page number at the bottom center of the footer. When I started adding more text to my introduction section and rational, I noticed that the DVI I created had changed the headers from what they were originally set to. Instead of what I described above, it displays CONTENTS at the left and the page number at the right with nothing at the bottom. Latter on in the document, when I start the Methods section, the headers and footers return to what they are supposed to be set to.

 (I'm sure there is (being LaTeX), and I'm to lazy/ignorant to look really hard for an answer, ) but is there a way that I can keep the headers from changing so that they use the specified style?

 The LaTeX source is attached (what I have done, and some random text to try and see what was /really/ happening). I'm using Kile on GNU/Linux to create the document. Any help would be appreciated.