[texhax] pstricks

John R. Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Tue Apr 17 18:21:57 CEST 2007

On Tuesday 07 November 2006 14:24, Roger Véron wrote:
> Hello
>
> How can i use pstricks on texshop an mac osx 1.3.9. I tried to read
> the installation guide. It is no help for me. Is there an
> installation guide?
>
> Thanks, Roger

It comes with most TeX distributions. It is included in TeXLive 2005
and 2007. TeXlive runs on most major platforms.  If your distro
doesn't have pstricks for some strange reason I suggest you just
download it from a CTAN mirror and put the files (there are about 10)
in
~/texmf-dist/tex/generic/pstricks/pstricks.tex
Then run texhash.

Here is what my directory contains:
Changes       pst-key.tex   pst-plot.tex  pstricks.con  textures.con
dvipsone.con  pst-node.tex  pst-tree.tex  pstricks.tex  vtex.con

I just
 \input pstricks.tex
in pdftex documents. The LaTeX and Context conventions are a bit
different but not esoteric. Context needs you to:
\usemodule[pstric]

The LaTeX code is left as an exercise for the student.

I know nothing about TeXShop. Being a simple soul I just edit in Gvim.

--
John Culleton
Able Indexing and Typesetting

Need personalized email and website? Look no further. It's easy
with Doteasy $0 Web Hosting! Learn more at www.doteasy.com