[texhax] Installed TeX fonts WAS adding boldface to \tt

John R. Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Fri Apr 13 14:48:11 CEST 2007

On Thursday 12 April 2007 18:41, John R. Culleton wrote:
> On Monday 30 October 2006 15:26, Uwe Lück wrote:

> I will do some sifting and sorting today to see what is what on my
> base texlive 2007 installation. This will exclude the Ghostscript,
> Gimp etc. fonts as well as my texmf-local fonts but I can track
> them down when needed. I will create a pdf showing what I have
> found, an available type 1 font listing with A-Z and a-z as well as
> sample text.

The first fruits of that effort are available in the following file:
http://wexfordpress.com/tex/fontfile.pdf
This pdf runs over 12mb (91 pages) so be advised.

Here was my method:
First I collected  the names of all the pfb files in texlive 2007. I
created an index of these names. Then I matched the records in
pdftex.map against these pfb files. There were  1,094 matches. I
generated entries in a TeX file for each matched font.  Each entry
consists of the pdftex.map line (in a few cases truncated) followed
by uppercase A-Z and lowercase a-z, at 12pt.

I had one suprise. I knew that most fonts in pdftex.map had no
corresponding pfb files. What I did not expect was that 39 matched
map file and pfb file pairs apparently did not have a corresponding
tfm file. I will investigate this further.

I only looked at Type 1 fonts. There are 22 truetype fonts listed in
pdftex.map. Again I will look further.

I will also reverse my match, and determine how many pfb files (if
any) exist in texlive but are not found in pdftex.map.

Stay tuned!
--
John Culleton
Able Indexing and Typesetting

Need personalized email and website? Look no further. It's easy
with Doteasy $0 Web Hosting! Learn more at www.doteasy.com