[texhax] my own class/package

Fehd, Ronald J. (CDC/CCHIS/NCPHI) rjf2 at CDC.GOV
Wed Apr 11 16:43:14 CEST 2007

> From: "Robin" <robinwei at charlesworth.com.cn>

> Any idea on how to write my own class/package, I searched
> online, only seldom documents.

Writing a class or package is not nearly the rocket science
I thought it would be.

Class  : What is your base class?
Package: what functionality do you want to add to whatever class you are
using in your writing?

Find something similar, copy it
make a test.tex get it and keep it running
while you go down your checklist of what you want different.

I have written only one class for my conference papers:

http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/conferences/sugconf
/

It is not perfect but it gets the job done.

Ron Fehd  the {SAS} macro maven  CDC Atlanta GA USA RJF2 at cdc dot gov