[texhax] spanish problem

Uwe Lück uwe.lueck at web.de
Tue Oct 31 15:39:54 CET 2006

At 14:48 31.10.06, Diego L. Guarín wrote:
>I´m wrting a book and i can´t use the package babel[spanish] because i
>need to use a special macro that don´t run when i use that package.  But
>my book is in spanish and whit out the panish package all the chapters are
>labeled as 'Chapter' and i need it to say 'Capitulo'. i already try to
>redefine the enviroment \chapter but it doen´t wook out. so please if
>someone know what can i do tell me.

I have stolen

\def\prefacename{Prefacio}%
\def\refname{Referencias}%
\def\abstractname{Resumen}%
\def\bibname{Bibliograf\'{\i}a}%
\def\chaptername{Cap\'{\i}tulo}%
\def\appendixname{Ap\'endice}%
\def\listfigurename{\'Indice de figuras}%
\def\listtablename{\'Indice de cuadros}%
\def\indexname{\'Indice alfab\'etico}%
\def\figurename{Figura}%
\def\tablename{Cuadro}%
\def\partname{Parte}%
\def\enclname{Adjunto}%
\def\ccname{Copia a}%
\def\headtoname{A}%
\def\pagename{P\'agina}%
\def\seename{v\'ease}%
\def\alsoname{v\'ease tambi\'en}%
\def\proofname{Demostraci\'on}%
\def\glossaryname{Glosario}

from

    http://www.dante.de/CTAN/macros/latex/required/babel/spanish.dtx

(Copy it into your files -- after the \usepackage lines.)

You might look at the file yourself for more to steal.

I would like to know your macro that doesn't work with babel.

Hope this helps -- Uwe.