[texhax] custom lists pdf html and text

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Wed Nov 29 23:48:13 CET 2006

  > *sigh* html is not required, but a big reason I went with latex is
  > so that html versions of printed official documents would be
  > available. so this is a big disappointment.

Did you consider using tex4ht to produce html?  Seems to be more
reasonable than using a script which converts latex source code to
html, especially if you introduce new control sequences.  tex4ht is a
bit more robust because it does not depend on the latex source code
only but also evaluates the dvi file.

The most impressing thing I've ever seen is dvi2svg.  Adrian Frischauf
demonstrated it at the TUG conference in Marrakech a few days ago.
There is absolutely no visible difference between a web page created
by dvi2svg and a pdf file created by pdftex.  I've never seen
something like this before and I'm deeply impressed.  Has anyone else
seen a web page typeset with Computer Modern fonts, correct kerning,
beautiful math formulas...?

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25