[texhax] Converting LaTeX files into MS Word

Peter Flom Flom at ndri.org
Wed Nov 22 17:03:32 CET 2006

Another option to consider, which I looked at briefly but rejected due
to budget, is Scientific Word.  From the little I looked at it, it looks
very good.  But I couldn't justify the cost.

HTH

Peter

>>> peralta <peralta at cc.usu.edu> 11/21/2006 7:03:03 am >>>
Hello,
I am about to begin writing a book for a publisher. The publisher says
they
prefer to receive the text via MS Word files. I will have many
equations, and
was considering using LaTeX, which I have downloaded and explored. From
the
FAQs, I believe there is no conversion program available that can
convert
complicated documents created on LaTeX into MS Word. Is that correct?
If so, I
will not use LaTeX.
Hoping for an answer, and thanking in advance.
Richard Peralta

Richard Peralta, PhD, PE
Professor, Biological and Irrigation Eng. Dept., Utah State Univ.
4105 Old Main Hill,
Logan, Utah, 84322-4105
ph 435 797 2786  fax 435 797 0210
peralta at cc.usu.edu