[texhax] Help available?

tom sgouros tomfool at as220.org
Sat May 20 23:06:39 CEST 2006

SUSANNE SCOTT <scott.788 at osu.edu> wrote:

> \def\ps at myheadings{\ps at empty \vspace{1in}
>   \def\@evenhead{
>     \setTrue{runhead}
>     \normalfont\normalsize
>      \rlap{\thepage}\hfil\leftmark{}{}\hfil}
>    \def\@oddhead{
>     \setTrue{runhead}
>     \normalfont\normalsize
>       \rightmark{}{}\hfil \llap{\thepage}}
>       \let\@mkboth\markboth
> }
>

> This code works fine, except that the page number is located on the
> top right hand side of the page above the chapter heading. It needs to
> be in the center of the page at the bottom. The rest of the pages are
> fine and the numbering is fine. It is just the location of thse
> numbers for the chapter pages only.

I have no idea what the \setTrue{runhead} stuff in the above is, so
won't mess with it.  But the way to define a foot with the number in the
middle would be this:

 \def\@oddfoot{\normalfont\normalsize\hfil\thepage\hfil}

So try this:

\def\ps at myheadings{\ps at empty \vspace{1in}
  \def\@evenhead{\setTrue{runhead}}
  \def\@oddhead{\setTrue{runhead}}
  \def\@oddfoot{\normalfont\normalsize\hfil\thepage\hfil}
  \def\@evenfoot{\normalfont\normalsize\hfil\thepage\hfil}
      \let\@mkboth\markboth
}

Or something like it.  It occurs to me that any class that has defined
something like \setTrue{runhead} might want a \setTrue{runfoot} in a
footer, so if this doesn't work, try something like that in the
\@oddfoot definition.

 -tom