[texhax] upgrade of PSTricks documentation

Tom Schneider toms at ncifcrf.gov
Wed May 3 13:59:25 CEST 2006

Herbert:

> > from which I got the pstricks.tex file:
> >
> > wget ftp://tug.ctan.org/pub/tex-archive/graphics/pstricks/generic/pstricks.tex
>
> this is the main PSTricks file, but not the documentation.
>
> The sources are here, but it takes a lot of work to get
> the old files compiled ...
>
> http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/graphics/pstricks/obsolete/src/

Well I would have NEVER thought to look under 'obsolete' for the latest
version of a manual!  The warning there is pretty severe!

These files look like the place that I wandered into and wasted time
on yesterday,

http://perce.de/LaTeX/pst-code/

which is some kind of documentation of pstricks, NOT the manual.

So where is the actual manual?

What I need is a simple csh script that compiles the *actual* manual.
Otherwise I will not have time do this.

Does anyone use pstricks?  The main page is very confusing.

Tom

  Dr. Thomas D. Schneider
  National Institutes of Health
  National Cancer Institute
  Center for Cancer Research Nanobiology Program
  Molecular Information Theory Group
  Frederick, Maryland  21702-1201
  toms at ncifcrf.gov
  permanent email: toms at alum.mit.edu (use only if first address fails)