[texhax] using both sides of page for a 2-up latex document?

Christopher W. Ryan cryan at binghamton.edu
Tue May 2 15:11:01 CEST 2006

This is very similar to what I have tried with the booklet package, and
it almost worked.  But . . .

You are correct that I want page one to look like:

text | text

with the letter paper in landscape orientation

and I want page two to look like:

art | art

and then I'll print page two on the back side of page one.

With what I have tried so far in booklet package, if I use a simple

\begin{figure}
\begin{center}
\includegraphics[angle=90, width=X]{art.eps}  %where X is some number of
inches
\end{center}
\end{figure}

twice,

then I get something like

art | text

on one page and

text | art on the other

But at least the art is positioned smack dab in the middle of its area,
like it is supposed to be.

If I use the [h] option for the figure environment, same result.

If I use the [h!] option for the figure environment, I get

text | text on one page and art | art on the other, which is what I
want.  But the art is no longer centered vertically (in landscape
orientation)  Instead, it is moved up to the top/long edge of the
landscaped paper.

However, I was using width=some number of inches.  Perhaps using
textwidth will solve that problem.

Thanks very much.

--Chris

--
Christopher W. Ryan, MD
and Wilson Family Practice Residency, Johnson City, NY

"If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the men to gather wood,
divide the work and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the
vast and endless sea."  [Antoine de St. Exupery]