[texhax] Finding packages [was `Count down ...']

Sridhar M.A. mas at mylug.org
Mon May 1 04:14:18 CEST 2006

On Sun, Apr 30, 2006 at 04:19:10PM -0500, Karl Berry wrote:

   > Because documentation file names are so random, there are many packages
   > for which it cannot find documentation; each requires a special case in
   > the config file.  Of course the doc also has to be available in the
   > installed distribution -- it won't go looking out on the net.
   >
   > Anyway, I will see if having it find etaremune and sectsty can be done
   > for the next TeX Live, at least.

That would be wonderful. But I was thinking on something like texhash
where the dvi/pdf/dtx files can be indexed and retrieved for later use.

On the same lines, on TeXLive, sometimes the packages with full sources
are there and documentation has to be generated. Can a uniform policy to
include documentation for all packages be followed? This would greatly
help when one notices a package and wants to read about it.

Just my thoughts.

Regards,

--
Sridhar M.A.                                 GPG KeyID : F6A35935
  Fingerprint: D172 22C4 7CDC D9CD 62B5  55C1 2A69 D5D8 F6A3 5935

No sooner said than done -- so acts your man of worth.
		-- Quintus Ennius