[texhax] the ultimate .vimrc for latex on mac?

Novak Elliott N.S.J.Elliott at warwick.ac.uk
Fri Mar 24 12:33:14 CET 2006

Hi everyone,

I thought I'd start a discussion on something very useful - how to set
up VI for latex.
Once upon a time I worked as a software engineer and the machines (PCs)
were nicely set up with a unix shell and a very customised version of
GVIM.  It colourised text for every type of file and there were loads of
macros like tab completion of variables/functions, jump to the
implementation of a called function, etc.

I prefer VI over Emacs simply because I've used it for longer and am
faster at navigating with the shortcut keys.  But Emacs has some
niceties built-in for latex.  So my question is - does anyone have a
customised VI setup for latex on the mac?  Or is there a definitive
website on the topic?

cheers,
Novak

Novak Elliott