[texhax] practex journal 2006-1

The PracTeX Journal pracjourn at tug.org
Tue Mar 7 18:16:34 CET 2006

The PracTeX Journal 2006, Number 1, a special issue on fonts,
was published in mid-February at http://www.tug.org/pracjourn.

The table of contents follows.

Notices
     From the Editor: In this issue: Fonts
       Lance Carnes
     Feedback
       From Readers
     Invitation to PracTeX'06
       Robin Laakso
     Whole Issue PDF for PracTeX Journal 2006-1
       The Editors

Articles
     Typographic Opportunities
       Tamye Riggs
     Font selection in LaTeX
          The most frequently asked questions
       Walter Schmidt
     Mac OS X Fonts in pdfTeX
       Gerben C. Th. Wierda, Thomas A. Schmitz and Adam T. Lindsay
     The MathTimeProfessional Fonts
          Or, How I Wasted the Last Twenty Years of my Life
       Mike Spivak
     An exploration of the Latin Modern fonts
       Will Robertson
     Chinese TeX: Using the CJK LaTeX Package, Unicode TrueType Fonts and
         PDFTeX under Windows
       Helmer Aslaksen
     A Survey of Free Math Fonts for TeX and LaTeX
       Stephen Hartke

Columns
     Travels in TeX Land: Using the Lucida fonts
       David Walden
     Ask Nelly:
          Which fonts can be accessed from the TeX Live distribution just
             using usepackage?
          What is the difference between Fonts and Typefaces?
          Which are the best fonts for typesetting math?
       The Editors
     Distractions: Name-that-Font
       The Editors