[texhax] line in the margin

Patric Glöde nonePatric.Gloede at t-online.de
Sun Jan 15 17:11:40 CET 2006

Deat Texhax,

how does LaTeX produce a vertical line in the margin at the left hand
side of the text body. I tried
\usepackage{framed}
\begin{leftbar}
 Text
\end{leftbar}
but then the line is inserted in the text and the text body is shifted
to the right. I just want an unobtrusive line to mark certain paragraphs
of the text, e.g. to let coauthors know which are the most recently
added sections.

Thanks for help!

!!! If you publish the question on the tug website please remove my
e-mail address. This is to avoid spam. I absolutely want to avoid my
address appear in written form on the web!!!

BR

P.K.Glöde