[texhax] HyperTeX tags

Oleg Katsitadze olegkat at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 14:48:58 CET 2006

[Please pardon my reordering of citations, I did this to make
my replies more coherent.]

On Thu, Feb 23, 2006 at 05:14:48PM -0500, Victor Ivrii wrote:
> Could you upload this pdf file on some web server and provide an url
> targetting some anchor or page

I did

  http://geolsoft.freeshell.org/to.pdf

with links

  html:<a href="http://geolsoft.freeshell.org/to.pdf\hash page.2">
  html:<a href="http://geolsoft.freeshell.org/to.pdf\hash Page=2">

but my browser keeps opening the file in a separate
Acrobat Reader when I click on the link in from.pdf, so
something is wrong with my browser.  However, both of them
work correctly if I enter the links directly into the
browser's address box.  I've tried with Mozilla 1.7.10,
Firefox 1.5, Acrobat Reader 7.0 and nppdf.so pdf plugin
distributed with Acrobat Reader 7.0.

> It is not sufficient to have some feature
> in pdf specifications and to produce a perfect pdf file, your viewer
> should be also copliant.

It's OK with me as long as this is only a problem with my
viewer/browser/whatever, or even if no viewers
currently/permanently support this.  The reason I asked was
because I wanted to implement a hyperTeX hyperlink driver
for Eplain.  So I need, in the absence of a tool to test
this, some kind of a standard for the hyperTeX tags, if it
indeed exists.  Everything I've found on the Web and in
dvips.pdf on my system is some sort of informal description
of the tags, and even the "file:"  prefix trick I had to
pick up from the mailing list archives, not from any
documentation.  This leads to the next question:

> (#Page=13 allows to target a phisical page without anchor).

Are such tags documented somewhere?  I've never seen this
one mentioned anywhere while reading docs on hyperTeX.  I've
leafed through PDF 1.3 spec but could not find anything
there.  Probably I've looked in the wrong places?

> I suspect that even if this is a natural group for this question,
> pdftex would be
> even better because the questions like this are discussed there more often.

Thanks, that's a good idea.  I'll post my questions there,
too.

Thanks a lot for your assistance,
Oleg