?SPAM? - Re: [texhax] \thepage issues, seems like a bug, but how could it be??

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Sat Feb 18 22:45:55 CET 2006

Reinhard, I think you misunderstood the original poster's
point : you omitted one key line from the citation :

Reinhard Kotucha wrote:

> No, it was a good decision.  Knuth's TeX will be dead unless it will
> be extended.  What will TeX be worth in the future when it is not able
> to make use of OpenType fonts, stucks with 8bit while all the world is
> using Unicode and so on?

Thus "such a decision" referred to the "curious design decision",
which the original poster is hoping will not be replicated in
ExTeX, it seems to me ...

Philip Taylor