[texhax] Incorporating TeX into Custom-made Programs

Daniel Wyckoff dwyckoff76 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 16 07:07:11 CET 2006

Dear TUG,

I've searched for the last four hours for an answer to my question, and this
is my last resort.  Sorry if I sound ignorant, but here goes:

I'm devoting the rest of my life to making a very complicated educational
program that runs through abstract mathematical proofs and displays visual
aids.  Probably naively, I'm planning to write it in C and use OpenGL.
Anyway, I need a way for the program to display mathematical symbols along
with visualizations of the mathematical structures.  So, I need a way to
display math symbols graphically on the screen.  I thought that somebody
would have already written some library to achieve this, but I was wrong or
just not thorough enough.  How do you suggest that I incorporate TeX symbols
into a graphical C program?

Thanks so much for your help!
-Daniel Wyckoff