[texhax] problems with two "exam" packages for typesetting examsfor students

Christopher W. Ryan cryan at binghamton.edu
Fri Dec 15 17:29:08 CET 2006

Well, a little reading of the manual goes a long way.  I had not updated
my MikTex in quite a while, so on my old computer,

\documentclass{exam}
. . . .
\begin{document}

compiled fine with the examdesign class.

But I re-read the pdf manual for examdesign class, and it seems to be
different from before.  It now instructs me to use

\documentclass{examdesign}

And that works fine.  I'm glad that the clash between these packages has
been remedied.

--Chris Ryan