[texhax] Norwegian letters

Tom Backer Johnsen backer at psych.uib.no
Wed Dec 13 08:51:22 CET 2006

Most of what I write is in English, therefore I have not encountered
this problem before.  Anyhow, as some of you may know, there are three
letters in the Norwegian alphabet which are not used in English,
similar (but not the same) as the "umlauts" in German.  How can I
persuade Latex to print these letters?

It is not enough to include the command

\usepackage[norsk]{babel}

What do I have to include at the top of the document?

Tom