[texhax] Is the package textpos broken?

Chris Bergstresser chris at subtlety.com
Fri Aug 25 01:15:56 CEST 2006

On 8/24/06, Yuri Robbers <yuri.robbers at gmail.com> wrote:
> Perhaps an easier solution to the problem you stated is starting each box
> with a \strut. The following short example demonstrates the effect quite
> clearly:

   Yeah, I ended up putting a rule at the beginning of the box, which
hangs below the baseline by 5pt.  Assuming no font has a descender
bigger than that, I can simply specify the lower corner coordinates
5pts lower than otherwise, and it lines up just fine.  And doesn't
vary with the font size, which requires my dynamically adjusting the
positioning of the box, which is what the textpos packages claims to
do, but doesn't.

   Different issue now, and it's a little strange.  I have a bunch of
code I'd like to pull out into a different file.  I cut and paste the
code into "myfile.inc", and put \input{myfile.inc} in my package, and
I get hundreds of errors.  Replace the \input line with the original
code, and it works fine.
   According to the documentation, the \input command "causes the
indicated file to be read and processed, exactly as if its contents
had been inserted in the current file at that point".  Which is
clearly not going on.  What gives?

-- Chris