[texhax] TeX v. Word, etc.

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Mon Aug 21 23:09:55 CEST 2006

  > In your comparison don't forget that there are other versions of
  > TeX beyond LaTeX. For example Context will do some prepress
  > functions, such as imposition.

If imposition comes into play, I wonder what we are talking about.
Do we talk about office software or professional typesetting?

I think it's time to ask the original poster what he intends to do.

Otherwise this discussion becomes endless.  If we are talking about
professional typesetting, I think that it doesn't make sense to
compare LaTeX/Context with Word, it would make more sense to compare
it with InDesign.

If we talk about office software, I fear that the discussion becomes
endless anyway, without any result.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25