[texhax] TeX v. Word, etc.

Tom Schneider toms at ncifcrf.gov
Mon Aug 21 18:26:44 CEST 2006

> Take a Word file from 20 years ago and try to read it with any
> software around today.

Can anyone give some real examples where you actually try this and
report what happened?  We struggled at one point merely to get a Wordy
file from PC to the Mac (and failed).  Could the file be read by
OpenOffice?  If so it could be exported as RTF [Really Terrible
Format] and then converted with rtf2latex.

http://www.ccrnp.ncifcrf.gov/~toms/papers/primer/italian/

> I recently took a paper of mine from 1986, written for an early
> version of Latex2.

I did a similar translation from Troff to Latex2e ...

http://www.ccrnp.ncifcrf.gov/~toms/papers/schneider1986/

Tom

  Dr. Thomas D. Schneider
  National Institutes of Health
  National Cancer Institute
  Center for Cancer Research Nanobiology Program
  Molecular Information Theory Group
  Frederick, Maryland  21702-1201
  toms at ncifcrf.gov
  permanent email: toms at alum.mit.edu (use only if first address fails)