[texhax] Landscape

John R. Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Fri Aug 4 03:34:33 CEST 2006

On Thursday 03 August 2006 19:02, Reinhard Kotucha wrote:
>   >
>   > On Thursday 03 August 2006 12:14, D Subbaram Naidu wrote:
>   >> Hello
>   >>
>   >> I am looking for help in making a part of the document, say a
>   >> table in LANDSCAPE mode whereas the rest of the text in the
>   >> document needs to be in PORTRAIT mode. Please help.
>   >
>   > Are you working in plain tex, plain pdftex, Context. LaTeX or
>   > pdfLatex?
>
> I think that we can assume that people who ask questions on this list
> are using LaTeX.  I also think that plain TeX users are aware of this
> fact and are smart enough to mention that they are using plain TeX.
>
> Context users know that there is a context mailing list and even a
> wiki.  I can't remember any request from a context user on this list.
>
> What I do not understand is why you ask whether he is using LaTeX or
> pdfLatex.  Are there any differences in respect of rotation?
>
> What will be your answer if he's using LaTeX and what will be your
> answer if he's using pdfLaTeX?
>
> Regards,
>   Reinhard

Someone else will have to suggest a LaTeX or pdfLaTeX solution. I
don't use those variants except on rare occasions. Hence the
problem is not one that I can help solve. That is why I asked.

It might be possible however to use PSTricks, which of course works with
LaTeX. I don't know if one can use PSTRicks with pdflatex.

--
John Culleton
Able Indexing and Typesetting