[texhax] Question about pdfLaTeX

Lars Madsen daleif at imf.au.dk
Thu Apr 6 17:18:56 CEST 2006

Ricardo Franklin Mergarejo :

> Hi all:
>
> i have a problem with pdfLaTeX, I made a document and put eps image and
> when compiled with pdflatex, then the figures don´t appeared in the pdf
> document, also in the compiling process appear an error like this
>
> !LaTeX Error: Unknown graphics extension: .eps
>
> What can I do in order to solve that problem..
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Ricardo Franklin

pdflatex cannot handle eps

Convert your eps file to pdf using

epstopdf file.eps

and the include it using

\includegraphics{file}

i.e. no extension, then LaTeX will choose the eps file and pdfLaTeX will
choose the PDF file.

/daleif

``You cannot help men permanently by doing for them
what they could and should do for themselves. ''
  -- Abraham Lincoln