[texhax] including non .tex files in a LaTeX document

Philip G. Ratcliffe philip.ratcliffe at fastwebnet.it
Sun Apr 2 01:14:58 CEST 2006

> > That depends on your computer, or more precisely on your OS.  If you're
> > using Windows, then your LaTeX setup ought to be MiKTeX,
>
> That is something of an overstatement, is it not ?  I haven't
> used MikTeX on a PC for many years, ever since TeX Live
> standardised on fpTeX, and I've never felt the need to go
> back to MikTeX.  I'm not sure on what the current TeX Live
> is based (XemTeX, maybe) but to suggest that all Windows
> users "ought" to be using MikTeX seems a bit OTT to me ...

Well, those who know exactly what they're doing can probably even get
perfect (La)TeX output out of tin cans if they really get their kicks that
way - but, and no offence to Peter, I don't think the poster quite falls
into that sort of LaTeX wizard class and might just prefer a system that
updates regularly and that does most of the necessary setting up with a
minimum of knowledge on the part of the user.

Of course, I stand to be corrected.

Cheers,  Phil Ratcliffe