[texhax] including non .tex files in a LaTeX document

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Sun Apr 2 00:56:32 CEST 2006

Philip G. Ratcliffe wrote:

> That depends on your computer, or more precisely on your OS.  If you're
> using Windows, then your LaTeX setup ought to be MiKTeX,

That is something of an overstatement, is it not ?  I haven't
used MikTeX on a PC for many years, ever since TeX Live
standardised on fpTeX, and I've never felt the need to go
back to MikTeX.  I'm not sure on what the current TeX Live
is based (XemTeX, maybe) but to suggest that all Windows
users "ought" to be using MikTeX seems a bit OTT to me ...

Philip Taylor