[texhax] Books

tom sgouros tomfool at as220.org
Mon Sep 26 14:37:01 CEST 2005

I'm still not sure I get it, but it sounds like what you're talking
about is printer spreads: printing individual pages that can be bound
into a booklet.

For an eight-page booklet, one sheet would have pages 1 and 8 on one
side of the sheet, and the other side would have pages 2 and 7.  The
other sheet would have pages 3 and 6 on one side and 4 and 5 on the
other.

What I believe you want to do is to format the pages with TeX or LaTeX
the way you like them, and then rearrange the postscript to make it come
out on your printer.  There are some scripts called impose that I think
are in ctan now.  Look here:

 http://imagic.weizmann.ac.il/~dov/freesw/impose+/

Is that what you want?

 -tom