[texhax] Problem with mktexlsr

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Oct 30 22:58:47 CET 2005

    pzcbig.fd into the same directory as pzc.fd and ran mktexlsr.

That seems like it should do it.  You might try putting it in the
current directory with the document, just to see if it finds it there.

    Even so, TeX apparently cannot find it.

What's the error message, just "can't find pzcbig.fd"?

    Is there a parameter I should be adding to mktexlsr?

Possibly.  Which platform is this?  On Unix, just "mktexlsr" should
rebuild all the ls-R's.  You might just take a look at the actual ls-R
file in the hierarchy (texmf-dist I suppose) and see if pzcbig.fd is
there.  That would determine whether it's a mktexlsr problem or a search
path problem.

Another thing to do is run
env KPATHSEA_DEBUG=-1 latex yourfile.tex
which will spew voluminous output, in which you can look for pzcbig and
see what it says.

HTH,