[texhax] Starting directory for YAP

Bernice Barnett jbbrus at comcast.net
Fri Oct 7 05:18:34 CEST 2005

I've asked this question of the MikTeX mail list but have not gotten a
satisfactory answer. I hope someone here has an insight. I have an icon
(Win XP SP2) on the desktop. The "start in" field in the icon is set to
a directory where I have a lot of DVI files. I want to click file\open
after  YAP is loaded to display that directory so I can select a file to
view. YAP chooses a different directory. Unfortunately, YAP does not
have a command line parameter to specify the initial directory. Does
anyone have a clue how to accomplish this seemingly simple task?

-- Jeff Barnett