[texhax] Bibtex

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Oct 6 16:11:25 CEST 2005

    I usually work with bibtex and I wonder if anybody is pursuing its
    development or substitute, so I could help or communicate  my wish list.

There are lots of BibTeX "substitute" projects, such as mlBibTeX,
Bibulus, BibTeX++, and more (I can't remember them all, it seems to be
everyone's favorite topic).  There have been a number of articles
published in TUGboat about them.  We also published an article by Oren
himself about BibTeX 1.0, etc:
http://tug.org/TUGboat/Articles/tb24-1/patashnik.pdf

As Robin remarked, posting to comp.text.tex is probably the best thing
to do.

Best,
Karl