[texhax] \mathpalette

Oleg Katsitadze geolsoft at mail.ru
Fri Nov 25 21:47:34 CET 2005

On Fri, Nov 25, 2005 at 02:20:57PM -0500, Joel Salomon wrote:
> Can anyone please point me to some documentation or annotated examples for
> the use of \mathpalette and how it compares to \mathchoice?

You can find it in The TeXbook (the primary source) and in
TeX for the Impatient.  The latter is available from

  http://www.tug.org/ftp/tex/impatient/book.pdf

These books describe the commands as found under plain TeX,
but I think they should be the same in LaTeX (maybe someone
can correct me if I am wrong).  \mathchoice is actually a
primitive while \mathpalette is a macro.

--
Best regards,
Oleg Katsitadze