[texhax] Smart postings

Uwe Lück uwe.lueck at web.de
Sun Nov 13 12:11:56 CET 2005

With Subject `Re: [texhax] Bilbliography problem'
At 15:58 08.11.05, Martin Schröder wrote:

>Mails which don't follow
>http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html should be
>pointed there (and to the FAQ) and ignored till they do. We need
>to educate people.

I suggest that this link is added to the texhax trailer
and to the answer at a subscription.

For a longer run, I wonder whether its content could
be modified according to requirements with texhax
and w.r.t. to readability -- e.g.: some more main
advices in boldface, or some key words in enumerations.
I think at present one cannot really demand that somebody
reads the entire page before posting something.

I also want to support Martin's advice, at least in the
modified form that one shouldn't answer without
naming the rule that has been violated.

I wonder whether I should reply in this respect to all those
`help', `query' etc. I won't do, unless I'm encouraged.

Best,
   Uwe.