[texhax] Bilbliography ... [policy]

Uwe Lück uwe.lueck at web.de
Wed Nov 9 22:22:44 CET 2005

At 19:52 08.11.05, quantifier.org wrote:
> > Robin, I think it would be a shame to loose you. I learned a lot
> > from the answers you (and others) gave to the questions on this
> > list, and I would miss them.
>
>I've probably asked about 5 questions to this list.  Each time, Robin
>Fairbanks says something impolite, and short, and then presses send.
>twenty minutes later someone with more tact answer my question
>satisfactorily, and I go about my business.
>
>This seems to be a trend for most new and mid level users.  I don't see
>exactly what we're loosing here, except the extra delite of someone
>immediataly deriding us, before someone else eventually comes along to
>answer the question.

I feel some egoistic satisfaction about this; yet I deem pointing
to FAQ sites worthful (the pointer being someone who knows the
FAQ very well). I acknowledge very much that Robin has
done this often recently, even adding a one- or two-line summary.
I often had severe difficulties with searching FAQ lists
(e.g.: one word yields many irrelevant "hits", two words
yield much more irrelevant "hits" or nothing).

Best,
   Uwe.