[texhax] two minipages side-by-side in beamer

Dieter Meinert DMeinert at RosenInspection.net
Wed Nov 2 08:01:59 CET 2005

 Chris,

 You make each minipage the width of then complete page, thus you get a
 linebreak after the first one.

 Try \begin{minipage}{0.5\textwidth} (personally I usually take
 {0.49\textwidth to allow for a word separation between the minipages)

 Regards
 							Dieter Meinert

   ++++++ Do not support SPAM ++++++ use only plaintext for email ++++++

|=> -----Original Message-----
|=> From: texhax-bounces at tug.org
|=> [mailto:texhax-bounces at tug.org] On Behalf Of Christopher W. Ryan
|=> Sent: Tuesday, 1 November 2005 23:06
|=> To: TEXHAX
|=> Subject: [texhax] two minipages side-by-side in beamer
|=>
|=> I am using beamer on Win98 with MikTex.  I want to make two
|=> itemized
|=> lists, side-by-side, on a single slide.
|=>
|=> Here is my preamble:
|=>
|=> \documentclass{beamer}
|=> \usetheme{PaloAlto}
|=> \usepackage{graphicx}
|=>
|=> \begin{document}
|=>
|=>
|=>
|=> I tried using \begin{minipage} like this:
|=>
|=> \frame
|=> {
|=> \frametitle{Interview}
|=>
|=> \begin{minipage}{\textwidth}
|=>   \begin{itemize}
|=> 	\item current symptoms
|=> 	\item past medical history
|=> 	\item family history
|=> 	\item social history
|=> 	\item review of systems
|=> \end{itemize}
|=> \end{minipage}
|=>
|=> \begin{minipage}{\textwidth}
|=> \begin{itemize}
|=> 	\item detect hypertension
|=> 	\item recognize emergency
|=> 	\item recognize reversible causes
|=> 	\item find chronic target organ damage
|=> 	\item discover co-morbid conditions
|=> 	\item plan therapy
|=> \end{itemize}
|=> \end{minipage}
|=> }
|=>
|=> But I just got one 11-item bulleted list.
|=>
|=> So I put in \twocolumn just below \frametitle{...}, but
|=> that didn't make
|=> any difference.
|=>
|=> Anyone know how to do this?  Should I
|=> \usepackage{multicols} (I think
|=> there is something like that)?
|=>
|=> Thanks.
|=>
|=> --Chris
|=> --
|=>
|=> Christopher W. Ryan, MD
|=> SUNY Upstate Medical University Clinical Campus at Binghamton
|=> and Wilson Family Practice Residency, Johnson City, NY
|=> cryanatbinghamtondotedu
|=> GnuPG and PGP public keys available at http://pgp.mit.edu
|=>
|=> "If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the men to gather wood,
|=> divide the work and give orders. Instead, teach them to
|=> yearn for the
|=> vast and endless sea."  [Antoine de St. Exupery]
|=>
|=> TeX FAQ: http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq
|=> TeX newsgroup: http://groups.google.com/groups?group=comp.text.tex
|=> More links: http://tug.org/begin.html