[texhax] Font help

Mohamed HOUSSNI houssni at e-press.co.ma
Wed May 11 11:17:02 CEST 2005

Karl Berry a écrit :

>    I have generated the necessary files of the Caslon 224 font by using the
>    "fontinst" program
>
>Congratulations :).
>
>    kpathsea: Running mktexpk --mfmode ljfour --bdpi 600 --mag 1+0/600 --dpi
>    600 pc2ko8r
>
>This is a symptom of an entry for pc2ko8r not being found in
>psfonts.map.  So either the psfonts.map file that you modified is not
>being read (run dvips -d-1 to get a whole lot of debugging info,
>including which files get read), or the line is missing, or something is
>incorrect about it.
>
>If you can't figure it out, post the psfonts.map lines in question ...
>
>Happy Casloning,
>karl

Thank you for your reply.

There are the lines I have added in the "psfonts.map":

%%%%%%%%%%%%
pc2b8r   CaslonTwoTwentyFour-Bold "TeXBase1Encoding ReEncodeFont "
<8r.enc <pc2b8a.pfb
pc2bo8r  CaslonTwoTwentyFour-Bold ".167 SlantFont TeXBase1Encoding
ReEncodeFont" <8r.enc <pc2b8a.pfb
pc2bi8r  CaslonTwoTwentyFour-BoldIt "TeXBase1Encoding ReEncodeFont "
<8r.enc <pc2bi8a.pfb
pc2c8r   CaslonTwoTwentyFour-Black "TeXBase1Encoding ReEncodeFont "
<8r.enc <pc2c8a.pfb
pc2co8r  CaslonTwoTwentyFour-Black ".167 SlantFont TeXBase1Encoding
ReEncodeFont" <8r.enc <pc2c8a.pfb
pc2ci8r  CaslonTwoTwentyFour-BlackIt "TeXBase1Encoding ReEncodeFont "
<8r.enc <pc2ci8a.pfb
pc2m8r   CaslonTwoTwentyFour-Medium "TeXBase1Encoding ReEncodeFont "
<8r.enc <pc2m8a.pfb
pc2mo8r  CaslonTwoTwentyFour-Medium ".167 SlantFont TeXBase1Encoding
ReEncodeFont" <8r.enc <pc2m8a.pfb
pc2mi8r  CaslonTwoTwentyFour-MediumIt "TeXBase1Encoding ReEncodeFont "
<8r.enc <pc2mi8a.pfb
pc2k8r   CaslonTwoTwentyFour-Book "TeXBase1Encoding ReEncodeFont "
<8r.enc <pc2k8a.pfb
pc2ko8r  CaslonTwoTwentyFour-Book ".167 SlantFont TeXBase1Encoding
ReEncodeFont" <8r.enc <pc2k8a.pfb
pc2ki8r  CaslonTwoTwentyFour-BookIt "TeXBase1Encoding ReEncodeFont "
<8r.enc <pc2ki8a.pfb

This si not the first time I get this kind of error whenever I generated
a font and I would like to use the slanted variante of that font.

It gives me the same error when I compile the "nfssfont.tex" file to
generate the table of "pc2ko8r.tfm"

Best regards,

--
Houssni