[texhax] \divides? mathabx?

Douglas Lewan d_lewan2000 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 28 23:06:36 CEST 2005

I'm trying to use the \divides (and \notdivides)
symbols.

I've found documentation that says those symbols are
in mathabx which I've downloaded from CTAN.

The TAR file delivers a '.dcl' file (mathabx.dcl), and
that file defines the symbols I'm after.

I've put the mathabx.sty file in my $TEXMFLOCAL
location, rebuilt the file database with texhash and
my document now finds the mathabx package but stops
when it can't find mathabx.dcl.

1. If there's an easier way to get these symbols, what
is it?  OR
2. Where should I put mathabx.dcl?

In general are there smooth ways to install La/TeX
packages?  I'd love to type "configure" and "make
install", but I'm happy to learn anything else that's
straightforward and reliable.
--
,Doug
Douglas Lewan
email: d_lewan2000 at yahoo.com
cell: 908 7207 908
        Suddenly, I had a strange paradoxical sense
        of being simultaneously seduced and berated.
         - Rees Chapman