[texhax] LaTeX editors

Konstantin Karapetyan texnic at photonica.ru
Sat Mar 19 07:29:45 CET 2005

Karl,

It may sound funny, but I have never worked with XEmacs. I have emacs
installed on my system to make hyperlatex work, but as for everything
that's come directly from UNIX I can't say I like its interface. It
reminds me of using internet before web appeared :) Therefore I even
didn't try to edit LaTeX with it.

However I haven't seen XEmacs. I have looked through its pages now,
and it seems to be quite nice. Besides, there's a nice page regarding
LaTeX at http://www.math.umn.edu/~aoleg/emacs/latex.shtml. The
fptex.org site is not really very informative, many pages are under
construction and I wonder if the project is still on. But anyway, I
don't need it, and will try the XEmacs.

Thank you very much!

Konstantin.